Thread: Nintendo Wiiu
View Single Post
Old 06-07-11, 02:11 PM   #15
Bah!

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Battlefield 3 was never announced... they ran footage but never said it was coming to the console. Actually, they didn't announce any games other then saying they can't wait to support it.

I bet it still behind the X360 and PS3 on processing power. I don't think we will be seeing companies copy this remote, heck all Sony needs to do is have PSV integrate with PS3 titles (which they stated it can do).

The controller is too big, they should have done less with it. It looks to me that they saw what cellphones were doing and just threw all that in there. I mean they only announced a single game for it and will only have tech demos on show. Pretty poor unveil of the console.

I want to also know how the system will handle some functionality like swapping from TV to controller display when someone changes the channel. What happens if its a game that uses the controller screen for inventory or secondary gameplay? Will it still switch and lose functionality or not be compatible with that functionality?
Did you even watch the presentation? Darksiders 2, Batman: Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tekken, Super Smash Brothers, Ghost Recon Online, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations were all announced for the Wii U.

The controller is big but it's nothing people won't get used to. Look at current controls compared to the NES, or the Atari. I had a Sega Game Gear a thousand years ago and it was monsterous and it never bothered me. Besides the huge screen is awesome. Having stuff on the little screen so it's not obstructing the tv is really cool, not to mention all the other things it will be used for.

As far as how powerful it is, it's more powerful than the 360 or the PS3, that's been reported quite a few times and was backed up this morning from Vigil games:
Quote:
At the very least, Vigil believes that gamers can look forward to ports to Nintendoís new console that are not inferior to every other version of the game. When we asked Bonstead if he thought it was possible that the Wii U version of Darksiders II would be the best version of the game, he said, "Yeah, just because the hardware is more powerful and it will have some extra features that I think will actually be useful to people playing the game. With itís controller, [the Wii U version of Darksiders II] might be the best version of the game."

Personally I think the thing looks awesome. Add 1080p and actual core titles that the other consoles release to the first party titles that made me buy the Wii and you've got a winner.

Of course, it's going to get the typical Sony/Microsoft fanboy hate for a few years until both of those companies try to rip off it's ideas, yet again.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote