Today, Motorola and Sprint introduced the Photon 4G
, as the first Tegra-powered super phone on Sprint's 4G network. This big-screened multimedia monster boasts a 4.3 qHD high-resolution (960Ã?540) multitouch display, metal kickstand, HDMI-output support, an impressive 1 GB of RAM and Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
The Photon 4G takes mobile computing and entertainment to another level. Sure, you can surf the web, check email and even stream HD video from YouTube and any video-streaming websites using Adobe's Flash technology. But, it's the Sprint Photon 4G's ability to play optimized, console-quality games from Tegra Zone
(which you can find in the Sprint Zone) that makes this Tegra 2-powered handset a veritable gaming console in your pocket.
Thanks to the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor and GeForce GPU, the Photon 4G is capable of running multi-platform, console-class Android OS games with the kind of experience you expect from a game console. You can play games on the handset itself, or use HDMI-out to play the game on a big-screen TV. But, it doesn't end there.
The Photon 4G supports Bluetooth game controllers that allow you to play Tegra Zone games, like Riptide GP
, with the tactile feedback that only gaming controllers can deliver.
At work (hopefully on your lunch break), simply prop the phone against integrated kickstand, kick up your feet and play games on the high-res qHD display. How about at home? Well, you can turn the Photon 4G into a gaming console. With HDMI-out and a Bluetooth controller (like the Wii game controller), you can get your game on with Riptide GP
on your HDTV. It's all about options, and the Photon 4G offers them in spades.
The video below demonstrates Bluetooth game controller support on the Photon 4G.
A quick recap of the Photon 4G:
- The first Tegra-powered super phone on Sprint's 4G network
- 3G and 4G capable, international GSM capabilities
- HD video capture and playback
- HD video, web browsing and gaming via HDMI out to your HDTV
- Ability to utilize the webtop application while connected to an accessory dock to open, view, edit and send Microsoft Office documents using cloud-based web apps through the full Mozilla Firefox browser
- 4.3' qHD (960Ã?540) high-resolution screen
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 8 MP auto-focus, rear-facing camera with dual LED flash and front-facing camera for video chat
- 1GB RAM
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability
- Bluetooth controller support
- Access to more than 200,000 useful applications, widgets and games on Android Market