View Single Post
Old 06-10-11, 04:34 AM   #135
Pennyboy

Default Re: Duke Nukeum Forever has gone Gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I am maxed. Only character shadows and resolution are tuned down.

It is dated. But it looks allright. For sure nothing to be bitching about. There is plenty of detail (not in textures but in environment design) and that Duke interactivity where You can use planty of objects(and even stuff like billard, slot machines or actuall pinball in first 2 levels). I dont think every game have to be graphics breaking aaa crysis title. It looks just good. Its nothing scary or something:P

I am just awaken, Going to play it when I eat something(Only enjoyed and played ~2hours after steam unlocked at midnight). Thank God I have free friday.

I am trying to be as objective as I can but its really hard for me Duke3D was my first PC game and This is now finally out! I would even enjoy it if it was 1998 graphics

Its obvious that I am going to defend it :P And I dont get people judging game by graphics and havent even played it Its tons better than the demo actually

edit: Actually You can see thah it was developed for so many years. Not only becouse of graphics and small levels and plenty of loading screens but becouse there is so many gameplay ideas! I dont want to spoil anything but You even get to drive Remote car from 2 different perspectives
I remember playing the first Duke 3D and LANing it with mates, holo duke was a classic. But I don't know about it, only being able to carry two guns is will frustrate me and the reviews look bad. Some things are best left in the past, I remember playing old Amiga games and yeah they just weren't what I remembered them as and wish I never played them again and wrecked the fond memories of it LOL

Anyways, I am glad you are liking it. I have a budget this year for 4 more games, I am not spending more money because I still have unfinished games (Fallout NV and Black ops). The games I am set on are BF3, Skyrim, CoD III and it was between Duke Forever and Rage but after seeing that latest clip of Rage its going be that.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision