Thread: Nintendo Wiiu
View Single Post
Old 06-10-11, 11:38 AM   #66
nicorulez

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
lol yeah whatever nico.

People said the same thing about the Wii when it first came out. And it practically set a record for sales on day 1.
Ok Zelda , I figured you would have been the first response. Let's go through the math if you will. The Wii, while wildly popular with pre-pubescent children (ala Zelda) and soccer moms, was abandoned en masse by all the big name publishers. Name me a game besider Mario Galaxy (I believe) that had any mass appeal. The biggest games were party games. The graphics sucked and barely better then the Gamecube. No HD. Financial success, but critically very weak. Best games hands down are on the XB360 and then the PS3.

The Wii U...reinventing the wheel again. Funky controller, questionable power considering it is released five years after the other guys, and still no Blu Ray. Proprietary CD/DVD tech. Limited tablet controller...now if it were fifty percent of a IPAD2 then cool...but alas it is not. I just don't see it. The average twelve year will jump for joy but get your average 20-40 year old gamer and it is not a console you are salivating over.

Personally, I am waiting for the XB720 or PS4. They may be revolutionary. The WiiU is just an update on what the Wii should have been five years ago. Have fun with NintendoDogs 2
nicorulez is offline   Reply With Quote