View Single Post
Old 06-15-11, 12:18 PM   #208
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Official Duke Nukem Forever Feedback Thread

Finished the game. While the graphics are outdated, and old Duke's personality is really a bit too corn ball for me, I found the game better than I expected (I didn't expect much). Can't quite figure out how this game is #1 in the UK though. Those dudes must really be easy to please. Sounds like that rating was probably taken from a lot of teenagers who would rate it number 1 just because Duke pisses in the game. Hard for me to take that rating seriously.

A lot of things could have been done in the voice acting area (definitely including Duke who came off more like a Dirk) which would have really improved the game. Lots of game makers spend a lot of time and effort in the voice acting area. It's pretty apparent this one didn't.

The game played well and loaded quickly with no crashes. All in all, for me it was ok. That means it will stay on my computer to play some more, which is saying something. If I don't like a game, it won't stay on my computer very long.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote