View Single Post
Old 10-04-02, 01:48 AM   #8
ctaggart

Default Making Progress with Redhat 8

I downloaded and installed the latest 1.0-3123 nVidia graphics drivers from source .tar.gz files. For those of you following along, I have Redhat 8 Workstation installed. The only addition package I had to install to compile (make install) those packages was kernel.source.rpm from CD2.

I'm now posting messages primarily in the nforcershq.com forum, because I have a motherbaord with an nforce chipset. I just posted my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file there.

I hope those that can help, especially those of you from nvidia can read my postings there. I'm still having problems, but a lot of progress has been made.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/view...hp?p=6078#6078

The log message is reporting errors like this:

(II) Loading extension NV-GLX
(II) Loading extension NV-CONTROL
Symbol TypeMask from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is unresolved!
Symbol lastResourceType from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is unresolved!
Symbol FindAllClientResources from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is

unresolved!
Symbol lastResourceType from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is unresolved!
Symbol ResourceNames from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is unresolved!
Symbol RegisterResourceName from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is

unresolved!
Symbol ResourceNames from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is unresolved!
Symbol FindClientResourcesByType from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a is

unresolved!
ctaggart is offline   Reply With Quote