View Single Post
Old 06-17-11, 09:46 PM   #85
Bowen

Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Doesn't really matter, i actually prefer non-steam games since i can choose where to install them etc. Steam is a good idea sure but here steam is more expensive than buying the retail dvd for the new releases, most cases 10-30 % .
I concur 100% and remember a DVD install is much faster than well....any download. Even if you have 100Mbps down, you have to install it after you d/l it. That said, the upside to DD is that if you happen to lose your disc(s) (which I've yet to do) you can always retrieve your game online. Still, I prefer to have something. I am disappointed though that even with retail DVD's there is either no book or something very little. It's not like I need it but it's just the idea of having reference materials with something you bought....it's just nice to have. Even when they put that online, even that material now is sparse!
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote