View Single Post
Old 06-18-11, 06:29 PM   #248
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Official Duke Nukem Forever Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
No its not. Its a show of poor game design. While I don't agree with the horrible reviews mainly because THEY are rating the game on todays levels I do not think it would have been a good the way it released now even 10 years ago.

Elements like Bosses only take damage from Explosives is stupid, especially when your rocket launcher holds 5 rounds and you need to run to the crate to refill constantly. The use of two weapon style is horrible. I can understand if they did it with different gun classes but its not even that. No FPS should have platforming in it, it was proven to be a bad idea back then and it still is.

God I can continue to go on and on about so many bad decisions made in the games design. I am just glad that 3DRealms is gone. This game is proof that they did not evolve with the industry and should have faded into the dark long ago.

I don't blame gearbox, they didn't have the IP long enough to actually fix the game. They completed what was on the books and shipped it. I just hope they can revive the IP in the future with a better game developed by them.
A few things I've noticed about this game.

People's defense of the game can be summed up in a few options:

1. Everyone says "it's Duke Nukem" - its not to be taken seriously, it's not about graphics, etc

2. No one blames Gearbox due to the limited time they had to work with it.

3. Its a 10 year old game - level design, gameplay, etc don't reflect that of games started today.

Thats all fine and each are feasible reasonings to accept... however...my one question would be - who is the guy that signed off and released this game to the public? At the least he should lose his job for giving it the green light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote