View Single Post
Old 06-21-11, 06:48 AM   #92
Bowen

Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante View Post
Could someone give me a rating on my system for BF3. I know its long in the tooth now. I would like to play it on pretty high settings. Could I get away with just a vid card upgrade? I'm really not sure of my cpu at this point or even if I have enough ram. It would be nice to get away without replacing mobo's and such. Thanks guys
A video card upgrade will help. I'd recommend a full upgrade....why....well I think the video card is gonna bottleneck a little. How much....I'm not sure...maybe up to 20% I'd guess. I'd recommend getting nothing less than a 570 and if you can a 580. I can't upgrade until next tax season but when I do I'm gonna upgrade my whole system. I haven't done it in 4 years...will be 5 next year so it's high time. I think if I upgraded just my video card I too would get a bottleneck. Your RAM though should be just fine. If you can upgrade everything....that is mobo, CPU, RAM (for DDR3 mobo) and vid card) you can build a FINE system for $1000!

Upgrading now is cheaper than upgrading when I did back in '07. Since then I've upgraded my vid card a couple times, but that's it. Oh and that upgrade for $1000 includes 8GB of RAM. If you don't want that much then that will save you about $150 or so....can't remember exactly how much that will save you. Also if you wanted to get Core i5, that would save you too.
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote