View Single Post
Old 06-21-11, 01:45 PM   #93
dante

Send a message via ICQ to dante
Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
A video card upgrade will help. I'd recommend a full upgrade....why....well I think the video card is gonna bottleneck a little. How much....I'm not sure...maybe up to 20% I'd guess. I'd recommend getting nothing less than a 570 and if you can a 580. I can't upgrade until next tax season but when I do I'm gonna upgrade my whole system. I haven't done it in 4 years...will be 5 next year so it's high time. I think if I upgraded just my video card I too would get a bottleneck. Your RAM though should be just fine. If you can upgrade everything....that is mobo, CPU, RAM (for DDR3 mobo) and vid card) you can build a FINE system for $1000!

Upgrading now is cheaper than upgrading when I did back in '07. Since then I've upgraded my vid card a couple times, but that's it. Oh and that upgrade for $1000 includes 8GB of RAM. If you don't want that much then that will save you about $150 or so....can't remember exactly how much that will save you. Also if you wanted to get Core i5, that would save you too.
I really am due for a upgrade. Will try to get it done before it comes out. Thanks!