View Single Post
Old 06-29-11, 06:51 AM   #15
Zenoth

Default Re: Steam gets free-to-play section.

I gave Champions Online: Free for All a try and it's good, I especially love the character customization possibilities, it's just phenomenal, to be completely honest I don't think I've ever seen such a "complete"/complex character customization phase in a game before, there's literally millions of possibilities for unique-looking toons. As for the game-play aspects, it's "decent", it's "good enough", nothing mind-blowing, a typical MMORPG with the usual main plots/comic issues, etc. I've played better games when it comes to the game-play, of course, but really for a free game there's no reasons not to at least give it a try.

There are micro-transaction-based "advantages" though, some buffs, most of which seem to be temporary anyway, some unique character archetypes (which I think is a bad idea, I.E to limit those for paying players, it means that those with a free-to-play Silver account won't experience the whole game-play mechanics offered, I can understand having to pay for buffs or extra vanity items and such, but actual archetypes is a no no for me, but anyway I live with that so far). I also like the graphics, I was pleasantly surprised by the looks of it, it reminds me of Borderlands, but on highest settings it seems to require quite a good computer.
GPU: eVGA GeForce GTX285 @ Stock
PSU: Corsair TX750W
APU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Zenoth is offline   Reply With Quote