View Single Post
Old 06-30-11, 08:17 AM   #67
Rollo

Default Re: debating a second gtx 590 or two gtx 580 3gb's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
rollo, I get your point. But your not changing my mind away from Bulldozer. Back a few years ago when i7 1st came out, I would have had the money to part out on a dime. Now I have to pick and choose my parts. IYO, I chose wrong in AMD. Here's a question for you, why would Nvidia lisense their SLI tech to AMD motherboard partners if they didn't see as profitable? Your the pro NV guy here preaching almost every day, answer that one. And no it not because NV doesn't want to make chipsets because everyone knows that. do they want to shoot themselves in the foot by killing sli scaling and turning half of their potential profits away from AMD users choices? Or maybe, just maybe they chose the 900 series because they have seen potential in Bulldozer through eng samples to know that their vid cards will perform well,HMM? What I am getting at is don't count something out until it has proven otherwise. I am looking forward to Bulldozer as my pc future and I don't need someone giving me the here and now perspective of what I should do. BTW, I can live with 59% scaling for now.
I'm not trying to change your mind on bulldozer, because I don't know anything about Bulldozer. I'm just showing you why I said earlier current gen AMD cpus can affect the amount of scaling a user can expect.

FarCry2 is a non typical result because it favors Intel cpus, but it's not the only game like this.

AMD has never been half of the motherboard market, or even close, but I'm glad to see SLi back in AMD motherboards.

For you in particular, as a then potential quad SLi user and now quad SLi user, I stand by my advice that a $315 2600K with a good HSF is the only responsible recommendation at present based on what I've seen in reviews and experienced personally. Bulldozer may change that, but it's not here yet.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote