View Single Post
Old 07-01-11, 05:06 PM   #14
Redeemed

Default Re: Need some comments on this deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I'm running a 5770 as well I like how nice and cool it runs so I haven't wanted to upgrade it just yet because these console ported games don't really take advantage of anything faster. I'll probably upgrade it around the time that skyrim comes out. The nice thing about the 2600k is that it has a lower tdp than my q6700 so it will run cooler while being much faster.
This is pretty much my situation as well. Loving this 5770.

Hoping to upgrade to the 7770 later this year though, pretty much for Skyrim, BF3, and a few others coming out later. And unless I can get a 970 for cheap, I've no plans on upgrading this CPU. The RAM and mobo I'm considering replacing, mostly so I can get 24GB of RAM, my HDDs I'm hoping to "revamp" mostly for larger storage, but also for some better SSDs. All of that I'll be doing simply because I want to, not at all because I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post

I guarantee you that my rig will still play any games out now, and any games that will come out in the next 8 months.

Having a SB rig is nice, but I don't need one right now. Heck, I might not need one by this time next year. If (big "if") I decide to upgrade in the next year, it won't be because I can't play any games on max....it will be because I want to.
Pretty much my stance. The few games I cannot max, I can get pretty darn close to it. Good enough for me.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote