View Single Post
Old 07-03-11, 12:20 PM   #30
Redeemed

Default Re: nVidia's 28nm Kepler expected to hit stores in late 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Killer Software always drives hardware sales in the end.....What would be the point of getting ever faster hardware if the games are built to run on 5 year old consoles?...Technology should always be moving forward and not just on the graphics side, but also gameplay and interactivety, physics aspects too, and if those also require more hardware power too, so be it....

I am so looking forward to 64 player matches online with BF3, as it can already get pretty hectic with 32 players on battlefield bad company, so imagine 64 players....
I agree absolutely, and was not one of the folks whom bad mouthed crytek over Crysis. Just fired it up for the first time in a while last night and it still looks stunning. Looking forward to the next gen of GPUs so I can get a higher framerate but otherwise it's a great experience still.

I'd prefer more games were like Crysis- demanding and taxing of our hardware. It'd cause innovation in newer, faster, more efficient hardware as you stated. If PhysX were being pushed more, we'd have for more immersive and interactive environments. If 64-bit were being pushed we'd likely have larger and more dynamic game worlds capable of using up as much RAM as we could throw at it. So many possibilities with today's hardware, all of it not being used. A shame, honestly.