View Single Post
Old 07-12-11, 10:52 AM   #3
jaredb

Default Re: Twinview and Xinerima multimonitor configurations no longer work under 275.09.07

Hello - I'm having the same issue with Twinview not working except I haven't downgraded because it proved to be a pain in Arch. I've attached both an nvidia-bug-report log and an strace while running nvidia-settings.

I'm using both DVI and DisplayPort on my laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) through its docking station. I've never been able to get a conf file to bring up both ports on boot. Usually just the DVI port would come up and I'd need to launch nvidia-settings and activate the DP monitor as twinview. This worked fine and I was happy with it. However, now when I launch nvidia-settings it freezes as soon as I select the disabled monitor and click the dropdown where I should be able to select twinview (attached strace.) I'm still able to use the xserver normally and ctrl-c/kill nvidia-settings. Then I'm unable to launch nvidia-settings again until a restart (not sure if just restarting X would be sufficient.)

Thanks for your help. If you need any more debug info let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-settings.gz (39.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (57.6 KB, 68 views)
jaredb is offline   Reply With Quote