I am having Problems with my "new" built PC which is aimed to be used as VDR (or HTPC, whatever). I've got a ASUS M3N78-EM Motherboard which has an onboard GeForce 8300 (CPU is X2 235e, 2gb RAM).
I installed Arch 64bit with MythTV Backend and Frontend on the Machine. I am starting the XServer via mingetty, and the driver is loaded properly.
For a while everything works quite good, but then some minutes later, the X-Process (/usr/bin/X -nolisten tcp :0 -auth /tmp/serverauth.m2VOlJB8W0) causes 100% CPU Load on one Core, swapping from one Core to the other from time to time.
I've already been searching and found out, that this problem
is known. But the xorg.conf-Options did not work for me..
and slowly but surely i am at my wits end.
I am using driver version 275.09.07-1