View Single Post
Old 07-17-11, 08:42 AM   #58
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default Re: Intel X79 Chipset

the one thing you have to keep in mind is board makers like asrock and msi have already begun future proofing their snb boards with pci-e 3.0 for ivy bridge. I know asrock is doing it with a plx pci-e chip, not sure how msi is doing it. But don't you think that it would somehow give intel the hint that pci 3.0 is necessary even though they can't test with hardware yet? Otherwise, asrock and msi are about to lose a lot of money from their pci-e 3.0 boards if they fail when 3.0 hardware comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
New and very confusing rumors:

http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-mi...ear/12991.html

This downgrade might be ok for most.
But the confusing part starts with the CPU PCIe 3.0 lanes for the expansion slots. Some sites are reporting a downgrade to PCIe 2.0 as well, other side are saying that those are not affected. Such a downgrade would be horrible for the platform with such a long lifecycle.

We have to wait and see. Not sure if a downgraded but fast to market version is a smart choice for customers. Ok the motherboards are cheap but still...

There is probably one positive thing to all of this. With so many changes and different directions, we might see a 8 Core Extreme Edition after all
gigabyte z97x gaming gt mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790 3.6 ghz quad core cpu, zotac gtx 970 4gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0,evga 1200p2 1200watt 80 plus platinum psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,lg 16x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, zalman zm-gm3 8200 dpi mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,adata 16gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech z906 5.1 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote