View Single Post
Old 07-20-11, 08:52 AM   #32
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: Can't beat 'em, sue 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I got what you were saying and I agree, they would make a killing on sales. However, it goes back to the "limited hardware/more optimized OS" model that they would have to scrap. I didn't mind one bit paying the so called "Apple tax" for my Macbook Pro (same thing for my wife's MBP) because I got a killer looking machine, amazing keyboard and trackpad and a great OS with great software. I think it's worth every penny to have this and to have OS X optimized to this set of hardware. Works beautifully. Start putting OS X on just any machine/PC and you start running into problems. I tried to run a Hackintosh many times but there was always something broken: sound, wifi, etc. Just not worth it to me. Fortunately some others have been pretty lucky around here with their Hackinstosh. Kudos.
If Apple would concentrate on software instead of hardware, they would probably get more software developers to talk to them and get more games/apps that would be on par with PC games, imo.

Quote:
The only reason I rooted my OG Droid is because when Froyo first came out, it slowed my phone down SO BAD. It basically made my phone a paperweight. I rooted, had some custom ROMs going for a while, but I've recently started noticing that I'm getting sick and tired of flashing ROMs and kernels ALL the time. Once I stuck with a GPA of Froyo, things got more stable for me.
My android phone is rooted, and I've never had a problem with it. I run custom ROM's on my phone, and I like the fact that I can control the amount of bloatware that I want on my phone.

Quote:
But this goes back to my point: my OG Droid stock with Froyo is a disaster. It should work right out of the box without me having to root it.
Different tastes for different folks. I love being able to customize a phone. I love tinkering with my phone until it's just the way I want it. Some people would rather have the phone ran at stock and leave it like that.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote