View Single Post
Old 07-25-11, 01:15 PM   #45
Redeemed

Default Re: Windows 8 to hit retail in 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I'm hoping for more under the hood changes, better transfer speeds etc. Far as the UI goes I think I remember reading that's only one option. I just want a clean, fast desktop.

Aren't they all made available before release? I never paid attention with 7, but it if it isn't then no harm, I'll just dl on release like every other subscriber.
I've not had my technet for much more than a year, so I don't know. It'd be nice to see the beta, if not then like you said no worries. I'll just DL the complete Ultimate version.

So far not very excited about this one though. It seems that, thus far, most changes are for mobile products making it an exceptional OS for those, but with little changes for the desktop environment. Could be wrong, still plenty of time for MS to announce some impressive changes. Personally, I really loved "DreamScenes" from Vista Ultimate and think it'd be great to have the return as a feature of 7 Ultimate. Not only that, a more vigorous approach for supporting Gaming and Game organization. The "Games" folder on the start menu is awesome, but it can be improved much more. Lot's of potential for improvement, just no mention on MS capitalizing on that yet.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote