View Single Post
Old 08-03-11, 12:02 PM   #647
Logical

Default Re: Battlefield 3 News/Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
If you played it, you would know. I tried playing it how I usually play battlefield, and i ended up with like a record of 1-10 or something. The "gameplay experience" is totally different. And it sounds FAR worse than BC2. Weapons don't have the same BOOM feel, the ambient sounds are not there, but that's ok, it is Alpha. It might look like BC2 with the HUD and the spotting, but the experience really couldn't be more different.
I doubt anyone with significant time playing BC2 and who played the alpha would say this is like bad company 3.
Like I said before, it plays like a mix of MoH and hardcore Cod4.
Bob how do you come to that conclusion m8 ? BF3 alpha couldn't be further away from cod or moh...it is more like BFBC2 in the sense of ground warfare and the map was linear just like a BFBC2 rush map. Just the enemies seem harder to see when they havent been spotted (with illuminous orange triangles) and camping seems to be all anyone does...even the attacking team. It is slow paced, bad hit detection and hit boxes, the weapons feel like pea shooters, too much animation with the wall jumps and knifing, map was too open and getting scoped from 1 spawn to the other was nothing out of the ordinary. I was very displeased with BF3 alpha, i know its not a finished product and nor is this my final judgement. However BF3 has gone from my most eagerly awaited game ever to being something i might pick up after a try of the final product......no pre order from me.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote