View Single Post
Old 10-04-02, 01:57 PM   #30
Smokey
Team Rainbow

Sorry my mistake, its just that I recall seeing more about the porblem with SB cards and VIA chipsets sprawled over the net more than anything else Ive only had my SBLive in my two last pcs, first one used the AMD751 chipset the second is the one in my sig. My BX board had onboard yamaha chipset which was great. I am far from saying Creative are pefect, just pointing out that beacuse some people have problems doesnt mean everyone will. Its quite funny, in the shop I work at, the biggest pain in the butt that we find tends to be memory. We built pcs for the general public, 99% of the time people are just using the onboard sound so I havent seen many other pcs that use a SB cound cards, so my comments on the drivers and cards themselves are only from my own pcs. My sound is great for my needs, I know there will always be better as with everything, but for me im happy with my card.
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote