Thread: Deus Ex HR
View Single Post
Old 09-06-11, 10:53 AM   #174
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Deus Ex HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
Skybox (especially the one in Detroit) looks like it came from the original Deus Ex
Whoaaa there. I'll admit the skyboxes look bad but let's not get carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Lip sync is hilariously bad and I don't know if it's just me or what but the way characters shake around the whole time they're talking annoyed the HELL out of me. It's like everyone has parkinsons. Sariff was the only character really and maybe one or two more than didn't show this. Drove me CRAZY!!!
Haha as much as I like the game I totally agree, thankfully this doesn't happen in the "conversation bosses". I just skip through the dialogue in the normal conversations.

Quote:
Anyways, like most reviewers are saying, the boss fights are pretty lame and don't really fit the gameplay very well. Last "boss" was a joke too.
I agree, though there are ways to fight the bosses with no risk to yourself, it takes quite a few deaths to figure out and the gameplay is nothing like the rest of the game.

Quote:
the different augs are pretty slick though. Cloaking and hacking augs were most heavily used. Piled most praxis points into the cloaking/energy/hacking augs.
My opinion is that these are the only augs which have practical use along with the EMP shield, high jump, and lift heavy objects. Everything else is low priority.

Quote:
Anyways, the ending (without dropping any spoilers) kinda pissed me off because it seems that you essentially can decide how it ends regardless of any choices made in the game. I didn't feel a strong connection with any of the endings to be honest :/
I agree with this complaint but frankly the first Deus Ex was the same way, though it did integrate "choose the ending you want" into the gameplay better.

Quote:
All that said, I don't know if I'll play through it again. It was entertaining but I just don't see the replay value in it to be honest. It was a slow drab story and though while good and pretty well written, just never really excited me to the point where I just HAD to find out what happened next.
This is totally subjective but I had a great time replaying the game and finding all the hidden areas/emails/etc that I missed the first time around. I don't know how meticulous you were but there's a surprising amount of hidden information and rooms. Also, most of the key story conversations played out quite differently despite me choosing the same responses as before, and in some cases were different based on how I played the game (this was a nonlethal playthrough my second time). Third playthrough is on hold for now though, I had a lot more time to play last week.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote