View Single Post
Old 12-17-03, 03:03 PM   #4
tourettes

Send a message via ICQ to tourettes

See, the problem is, whenever I run Quake3 using any sound modules (i810_audio, alsa intel8x0), i get lockups in Quake3 that locks my X-server cause me to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. This happens constantly, And I can't figure out what is causing it. The only way I can run Quake3 and not get these lockups is if i either turn off the sound all-together, or run it through artsd (using artsdsp -m quake3), which is not acceptable obviously because of the aweful sound lag.

I pass spdif_status=0 to the module because of statements in the release notes for the driver.

Quote:
The "spdif_status" module parameter is used to enable or disable S/PDIF support in the driver. By default S/PDIF is enabled, but can be disabled by setting spdif_status to 0. The driver can only support 48kHz sample rate when S/PDIF is enabled, so disabling it will increase compatability with applications that make assumptions about what sample rates the driver supports.
I have followed the directions step by step on the alsa website for setting up the nforce audio.

For free Linux technical support, please visit our forums at The Linuxhelp Forums
tourettes is offline   Reply With Quote