View Single Post
Old 09-16-11, 12:42 PM   #64
ElL33t
Brobama

Default Re: Microsoft BUILD - Windows 8 Unveiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
What are you talking about? That is EXACTLY what they're doing. Even the mobile versions of Windows 8 will have available a desktop that looks just like Windows 7.

This is actually what I find interesting about Windows 8. They demonstrate that it will have all of the same features as Windows 7, plus some extras, while using less hard disk space and less RAM.

They made those optimizations for the express purpose of making it a more viable mobile OS, and I think that is a good thing since the OS will perform even better on high end systems.

I would imagine that could be easily changed; you don't even have to use explorer as the default UI in windows 7.
I welcome new ideas even if they don't work. It leads to new products out of failed products. I am not saying windows 8 will fail. I have no idea at this point. As it stands right now I did not like the preview build I played with. I know it is not a real good product to compare to the final. It may be that it was completely new to me and I didn't know my way around it. I hold an open mind though because I can see what it is capable of.

Most PC people are a bunch of Archie Bunkers.
I am the #1 Obama supporter
ElL33t is offline   Reply With Quote