View Single Post
Old 09-27-11, 09:53 AM   #105
ViN86

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy View Post
Unless MW3 is a huge step forward it will not be the bohemth that COD once was. They have repeated the same old tired routine for too long now. COD, COD:UO, MW were huge jumps in game play for the community. MW2, Waw, BLOPs were all repetitive, which is fine to a degree, but now it is just getting tiresome.

I agree with Logical, the competitive spirit of these games are what keep most of the community playing for a longer period of time. They need recording enabled, ready up built in for ladders and matches, and other items that make ladder and league play easy and accessible. The leagues and ladders can make a game last years compared to months.
Definitely, look at COD4. Competition is still going strong in COD4 with ProMod.

At least give the community mod tools so they can make these things themselves (e.g. xkMod on Black Ops). Black Ops really pissed me off because they didn't release the mod tools until many months later. By that time many had moved on to other games. Competitive mods revived BO for a little while, but it's dying a slow death.

If MW3 launches with mod tools (which it won't, I doubt we'll even get them) then it will be a success for PC competitive play. Otherwise, it will die quickly. It will be a success regardless on consoles.

Once Activision learned they can rape gamers with ****ty $15 map packs, they will never release map making tools again.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote