Thread: Windows 7 BSOD
View Single Post
Old 09-30-11, 06:35 PM   #1
scout2of3
"Live Long And Prosper"

Default Windows 7 BSOD

I have finally upgraded my PC with the new Sandy Bridge CPU and the like. Here are my specs:

MB - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K with Noctura NH-D14 HSF
RAM - Corsair Vengance 8GB
Graphics - EVGA GTX 570 SC HD ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130622 )
PSU - Corsair CX600

The problem I am having is that when I play BF: BC2, after about 20 - 30 minutes I get a BSOD which says it is due to a hardware issue/failure. I have eliminated my graphics card by putting my old GTX 460 in and I still have the issue. I ran the program WhoCrashed and it said it was due to the "hal.dll" file which is likely due to the overheating of a component.

I have stress tested both the cpu and the graphics card (using Prime95/CoreTemp 1.0 and FurMark/EVGA OC scanner). The GPU got up to 89C degrees and the highest any core on my cpu got was 63C. I also used CoreTemp to log the cpu temps while playing BF:BC2 and the hottest any core got was 54C.

I am at a loss right now on what to do. Although I haven't tried to recreate this issue by playing any other games. I do need help in trying to resolve this issue and any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Almost forgot, when I first built the system I noticed that in the BIOS the CPU was set at [X38] which set the speed of the cpu to 3.8 gHz. Not sure if this matters. I did try to reduce it to it's stock speed of 3.4 but it seems to not work or I am just an idiot (which could be the case as I don't know how to manually overclock).
CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4.5 w/NH-D14 HSF
Graphics: EVGA GTX 570 SC HD
Main HDD: WD 750GB
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance
PSU: Corsair CX600 Watt
scout2of3 is offline   Reply With Quote