View Single Post
Old 10-05-11, 06:34 PM   #4
tecknurd

Default Re: Display goes blank for a second and then resumes when an App requires OpenGL or V

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandipt View Post
Please provide reproduction steps in detail and mplayer options you passed ?
The following is my /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf.

mplayer.conf.gz

The steps that I use are the following using Xfce as desktop manager/window manager and downloaded Buck Bunny 720p as example video to $HOME/Downloads.

1) Right click on desktop
2) hover over Applications
3) Click on Terminal Emulator (gnome-terminal is set as default or preferred application)
4) cd $HOME/Downloads
5) ls

big_buck_bunny_720p_surround.avi

6) type mplayer -vo gl big_buck_bunny_720p_surround.avi

I am using MPlayer version 1.0rc4-4.5.2.

Do note that it does not just happen in MPlayer. It happens in other applications as well when OpenGL is used. This includes WINE, glxgears, blender, etc. Though I did notice that using msglevel 9 or specifying MPLAYER_VERBOSE=9 while on the same line of running MPlayer for one time that the screen did not go blank a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licaon View Post
tried the latest 275.28 driver too?

tried without Compiz too?
I do not have the luxury to use the latest drivers which are 285.xx.xx and including 275.28.xx. It is not in the program database.

In my logs it does state that the Composite extension is disabled, so Compiz will not run. I added a line to xorg.conf to disable that extension. Yes I have Compiz disabled by selecting Metacity or xfwm under Window Decoration in Compiz Fusion Icon which runs in the system tray. I always disable Compiz as the first thing when I am trying distributions that use it.
tecknurd is offline   Reply With Quote