View Single Post
Old 10-06-11, 09:45 AM   #194
Yaboze

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Glad someone around here is on the same page with me. I don't like getting on this topic myself but it's just becoming more and more apparent that consoles are the way the market is going now. PC gamers are getting screwed left and right IMO and the quality I expect from these companies are going downhill and fast. It's almost not worth having the extra horsepower (compared to a console).

I've honestly been thinking this week about not purchasing any more PC titles and just saving my money up for a console. Heck, if I'm going to get console quality graphics and options, might as well just play games on a console from now on. Very heartbreaking and frustrating.
I agree 100%

I was talking to my buddy and I said I felt that PC gaming was done. Yeah, there are a few small developers making good stuff, like The Witcher 2 and Hard Reset (short game, but the engine was nice).

Epic and id were the kings of the PC in the 1990's and now they have abandoned their originas and jumped on the console bandwagon. It's great for console gamers and the industry, but just bad for PC gamers and enthusiasts.

I have been waiting for this game for a long time and while I don't upgrade my hardware for a single game, I definitely had this game in mind, among others when I did upgrade from a P35 setup to a X58.

If someone told me "Hey, I want to build a PC to play Rage and BF3..." I would tell them to save their money. It's just not worth it.

This era of consoles will be milked and slowly drift into an era of upgraded consoles...the market for consoles is there. Once they start putting out consoles that run the previous generations stuff, it will be a no brainer for people to move on and keep their collections. If the PC is 10x more powerful than a 2006 console, but not look or 10x better, what is the point?

I almost feel that Rage is the final nail in the coffin for the PC. If id software can't produce, who can?
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote