View Single Post
Old 10-06-11, 11:30 AM   #209
grey_1

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
See, I don't want to tweak. I think that it should work straight out of the box. I'm glad that id has created this "auto tweak" in the IT5 engine; it would've been awesome to just start the game and play it, not spending hours tweaking and testing settings. What a waste.

But how can you say that PC gamers get the better version? If they are just a notch above what console gamers get, then what's the difference? That's my point. Put a console game on a PC and you have the same thing.
I do agree on the bold, it should. I mean...PC gamers have always tried to take it to the max in spite of quality anyway, so that's a given, but it should look good right out of the box too.

Regarding the auto-tweak, I think Carmack said it isn't working properly and is part of the reason for how bad Rage looks pre-tweak.

Personally I'd like all settings available in the menu. Fortunately this tweak took less time than trying out different settings in a menu lol. I'll get my money's worth out of this title, but I sure hope the do the right thing and go the extra mile on Doom 4.