View Single Post
Old 10-06-11, 09:04 PM   #232
Slammin

Default Re: Official RAGE Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Look, I've been PC gaming since PC gaming was around, and I love tweaking games, playing with .ini files, etc. However, there is a far cry from doing that to a game that was released in the proper state and doing it because you are basically forced to because the developers were lazy ****s who treated the PC version like a red-headed step child.

Once you do all of these tweaks the game does look really, really good, but most of this stuff should have been enabled by default when you installed it. There is no excuse for the way this game was released and that's why people are bitching.

A lot of those tweaks will bring older machines to their knees. I imagine that is the battle a developer faces when it comes to PC's. Of course they could just release a title balls-out (Falcon 4 era anyone?) and hope that tech eventually catches up, but the attention span in this genre of games is too short for that. So, they try to balance things to appease the largest group possible, yet still make money. Their sacrifice to dumb down things to accommodate the greater audience seems to tick off those extreme personalities, like you, to no end.

Not attacking you personally, but you have to have a broader view of things. Creating a game for consoles means you already know NOT to stress tech areas the current console is not capable of handling, and to do so would render the current consoles obsolets. In the PC world, those 'areas' are a moving/evolving target, that are capable of advance at a rate a console is not.

Anywho, I'm a tweaker. I'm also a PC enthusiast. I love when a tweak comes along that allows me to get more out of my hardware, or a game.
2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB Sli
2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0
2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II
X-FI Elite Pro
Dell U3011
Lian Li V2100B
Corsair HX1000
Slammin is offline   Reply With Quote