View Single Post
Old 10-10-11, 11:12 AM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Display Driver Crash Was Aero All This Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOneX View Post
The only reason I thought it was Aero was because this issue was happening to me every 5 min or less when playing Brink or other games, then I disabled Aero and it fixed it. Also keep in mind I'm a system admin for a living, been working with PCs since MS-DOS 5.0 days so this definitely isn't my first rodeo so don't talk to me like I'm like most standard computer users because I'm not .
Better to cover all the bases, there are 100s of stupid issues cased by people doing stupid things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOneX View Post
As far as the PSU goes, I would agree it would sound like that's the culprit but again this has happened over the course of 3 PSUs, this one is a Corsair 650 and I'm way below usage on it and it's only 5 months old as well as all the rest of the PC so the likelyhood of that being the problem is pretty low. My old PSU was also a Corsair but a 620W one and had the same issues on that one, the one before that was an Antec 500W on my old PC before I had higher end hardware. I also have all this stuff on an APC Smart-UPS 1300 that is also not being loaded completely. One thought I had is this APC is one I've had for probably 3 years now and maybe it's possible something with it has been causing this issue all along? I don't know much about power so not sure on that but it is 1 peice that's been the same during this whole time.
UPS, surge protector or power strip also could be causing power fluctuations, or if you live in older house you could simply have old and not as reliable wiring in the house.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote