View Single Post
Old 10-11-11, 12:01 PM   #69
Rakeesh

Default Re: Windows 8 to hit retail in 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Comparing OSX cost to Windows is retarded. I've had a Mac for years and still haven't spent over $100 upgrading the OS. I can't say the same with Vista and Windows 7. Your argument is fail.
But you pay twice as much for a macintosh as you do for a PC. I'd rather have a $400 PC with a $100 OS than an equivalent macintosh for $900 and a $25 OS. Your argument is fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Part of the problem with Windows is it can't evolve as much as it should because they always cater to the lowest common denominator. Windows should be 64 bit ONLY right now, but MS keeps putting out 32 bit versions.
32-bit still has its place for smaller platforms. If you are running on an embedded computer with 2GB of ram and a tiny flash drive, 32-bit makes far more sense than 64-bit.

OSX can't even touch windows when it comes to scalability and compatibility. For mac users it's either Job's way or the highway.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote