View Single Post
Old 10-13-11, 06:11 AM   #49
AthlonXP1800

Default Re: Official AMD FX Bulldozer review thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox View Post
Do these reviews include the patch for the L2 cache bug?

I'm pulling the trigger on a new SB rig as my start up business can't afford to wait any longer for more computers but... I'm going to be really pissed off if 2 months from now some patch is released and these things turn into processing beasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
That always happens with AMD as of late. It's "wait for this / that bios update / fix to sort out the problems" and it just never happens.
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news....aspx?pageid=0

It will never happen after I read the article from AMD insider about what went wrong with Bulldozer during in the last 5 years. Everything was great with old days of Athlon, Athlon XP, Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 X2 until AMD screwed up resources after bought ATI and lost billions then fired thousands of high skillful hardware engineers, software engineers and scientists worldwide. Thousands of talent people had now gone to worked for Apple, Intel, Freescale, Qualcomm, Samsung, Nvidia and others.

Now AMD as much smaller company are no longer have the resources to fix CPU bugs by write new microcode to corrected because they dont have money and people to fix it fast caused delays and no longer have ability to design new microarchitecture to matched Athlon 64 success in old day, what AMD need is billions investing in people, tools and technologies engineers and scientists needed which Intel is doing already invested billions from profits on Atom, Nehalem, Westmere, Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell, Broadwell, Skylake, Skymont, aggressive improving technologies and shrink manufacturing processes down to 10nm.

What happened with AMD management, marketing and R&D is exactly mirrored what happened with Commodore International, AMD's marketing efforts for the Bulldozer were less competitive and seemed half-hearted and unfocused. It time to forget AMD and move on to Intel, AMD will never regain performance crown as Athlon 64 once did.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote