View Single Post
Old 10-13-11, 08:33 PM   #57
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Official AMD FX Bulldozer review thread!

I'm not saying it's magically a good CPU, the performance is far too inconsistent and when it does win, it isn't by enough to make up for the losses and higher power consumption. But there is potential there.

There are big problems with the L1 and L2 cache, so if they CAN fix that, whether with BIOS or OS tweaks or in the next core revision (next year), the technology could become competitive. I just think people down right writing the whole architecture off as if it will never be viable are being a bit harsh. I really hope AMD can come back from this, the worst part is that they've tainted the FX name now. So even if they come back, the name itself has a bad stigma around enthusiasts. AMD marketing was better when it was non-existent. Now they just spew a lot of crap with cool sounding names and blanket statements about "gaming products". Go back to focusing on the hardware...

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote