View Single Post
Old 10-15-11, 09:50 AM   #69
Rollo

Default Re: Official AMD FX Bulldozer review thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
Wait for a couple months and see what takes place. The I had a Phenom 9850 o/c it to 3.0ghz and I was very happy with it. I then upgraded to a 965BE o/c'd to 3.9 and I'm also very happy with it.

3 months down the road when the 8170 is out and they have had some time to update some config settting, we may see these cpu's as a viable alternative.

I can't help by thinking AMD's slogan right now is "The future is Fusion" maybe that's the basket in which they've placed their eggs....and these multi module processors are strictly a server product adapted to desktop usage in a half assed manner.
Aren't heat and power consumption always a concern with servers?

These chips are fail on all fronts.

No supporting them has been able to put forth a reason to buy one other than "AMD makes them!" or "With the magic patch, they might get better!".

My prediction is AMD loses desktop and server market share over the next six months based on these stinkers.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote