View Single Post
Old 10-16-11, 05:42 AM   #76
Rollo

Default Re: Official AMD FX Bulldozer review thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
I never said I was buying a bulldozer, but I am happy people are pitching in to help. But I ask you one question. If the only people who should buy Bulldozer are the employees' relatives...WHY is it there are no FX-8150s in stock in most places you look? To suck so bad, they sure are selling like hotcakes w/free syrup.
My guess is 8150s are in relatively short supply, so they're selling out quickly. We've seen mention of yield problems many times in regard to this chip, makes sense the highest clocked part would be in shortest supply.

I don't think the sun will rise on a 8150 dominated desktop landscape next week, more like a few thousand AMD die hards bought them because they're pretty cheap and they want to support competition.

Even if they were "selling like hotcakes" this sort of argument is known as an "appeal to the masses" in the logical fallacies. Lots of people watch Rosie O'Donnell, doesn't mean she's good.

So you're proposing people buy these chips so they can "look for workarounds as enthusiasts", and because AMD wanted to create some kind of hyperthreading?

Why shouldn't people just buy the higher performing chips that run cooler, OC better, have hyperthreading that is time tested, need no work arounds?

AMD needs to produce chips that compete, not have people buy worse products because they want competition. ATi proves year in, year out that competitive chips can be made.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote