View Single Post
Old 10-17-11, 01:24 PM   #92
Rollo

Default Re: Official AMD FX Bulldozer review thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
excactly, releasing a shody product can and will damage companies in the eyes of consumers, and that will affect the shareholders in the end.

shody product release like this will be a black eye for the company for every long time, and if AMD has some brains this will be last FX branded product.

when and if they release a new bulldozer, smart thing to do would be use a different branding name for it.
While you're right that a release like this will affect shareholders, what I'm saying is you will never see an AMD employee go on record saying "Yep we screwed the pooch with the new arch. We'll try to do better next time.".

That employee would be fired instantly and twenty PR guys would go into damage control mode instantly.

Anyone on a tech forum should know how it works- you downplay weaknesses, point out strengths, attack ethics of competitor, etc.. How many times have you seen an AMD fan pointing out "bang for buck", evil intel's nefarious plan for monopoly, or that with resolution and AA itr doens't matter what CPU you use? Lots.

Same with any company, it's how PR works.

ATi has no PhysX? It's the most important thing in the world to have!

NVIDIA runs hotter? OMFGBBQ!

See it all over the web, every day of the week.

"I live in Florida, have no AC, and an ambient temp that is usually in the 90s. What is the best card for me?"

"I live in France, and electricity costs 38 cents a KWh here. What is the best <$200 card for me???"

Etc ad infinitum

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote