View Single Post
Old 10-21-11, 12:11 PM   #13
Roliath

Default Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 FAQs released

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Lame questions... I'd have gone more for this...

Does it use the same old engine we've seen the last 10 years?
Yes... we want to sell 6 million copies to console nubs with rich moms, why would we use anything but a weathered money maker. Dx9 rocks, Microsoft and Sony told us. But we've done a quick and dirty port to the PC so you guys can give us some money too...

Why do you guys keep posting lame announcements everytime something happens with BF3?
Cause we don't want to look irrelevant with our 10 year old DX9 engine. We are important dammit!

When are we going to get an updated, DX11 engine for the PC?
PC? like the big thing we code the game on? The next COD will play on my cellphone and consoles.
Sledgehammer said they are tired of all the whining going on about the engine.
Quote:
“If you put Modern Warfare 2 next to Modern Warfare 3 you would see a huge difference,” he said. “Look at all the character models, look at all the gun models, look at the reflections, look at the water. There is so much that we’ve added, so when someone says ‘cut and paste’, I don’t even want to talk to them because they don’t know. They just don’t know. They have no idea.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/17/sl...f-duty-engine/
I've seen the gameplay, and I've seen the pics, it looks the same to me and everyone else I asked.

I know valve gets a pass for the source engine and i'd love to see that thing retired and progress made on a new engine.