View Single Post
Old 10-23-11, 06:08 PM   #115
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Official AMD FX Bulldozer review thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
1. I said that his results were pointless because they don't test the CPU, much like running a game at 640X480 would not test modern GPUs.

2. Look at what happens when you test with two 6970s, as I suggested:

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/amds-...-arrives/all/1

Notice how in the games where they use a single 6970 the Beefdozer, i7s, Phenom IIs mysteriously score exactly the same? Then look at the CF benches next to them and the Beefdozer falls flat on it's face, just like it did in all the reviews that were not done by Linus where they didn't use settings that take the CPU out of the equation.

If I'm a "class A troll" this forum should hope more like me post here. You posted a meaningless and misleading (for gamers) review of Beefdozer, I pointed out why it's meaningless and misleading and then backed my argument with a link to an independent website corroborating my position.
Quote from the article,

Quote:
We also noted the exact same configuration when used with a Phenom II in place of the FX-8150 CPU gives slightly better CrossFire scaling in more than a few games and we have decided to reinstall Windows for our follow up article as AMD was unable to reproduce our CrossFire scaling issues.
Stop trolling.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote