View Single Post
Old 10-26-11, 09:26 AM   #45
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow

I know this is an old thread but I decided while I wait for skyrim, I would go back and revisit some unfinished games.

I stopped early in chapter II of this game and after reading more reviews, it seems like you have to give it more time to get better and although I still don't think this is nearly as good as GOW III, it is getting better.

The combat is fun and fluid, the environment and set pieces are just gorgeous and they do a good job of balancing the happy cheerful areas with the dark depressing areas. The voice acting is also very good. Picard's narrations before each level sometimes give me chills it's so good.

So yeah. I spoke too soon on this one. It's turning out to be better than I thought and I do feel that the game is a bit underrated compared to some of the other turds out there getting better scores.

I think the main problem is that this particular genre of game has such well acclaimed titles that have done so many things so well that it's hard for a new game to come in and NOT be compared to them. Seeing this game for what it is though, I feel that it's actually turning out to be quite good.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote