View Single Post
Old 10-27-11, 07:39 PM   #49
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I started this game at least six months ago and am still not done it.
Large stretches in between playing it. Don't much like the controls.
Every time I start playing it again I forget the controls, where I am and the combos.
I usually end up button mashing.

I have about 35 PS3 games and only beat maybe 6 of them.
God Of War III hasn't been played yet either.

Too many games on PS3 and PC.
Do yourself a favor and don't play any of the GOW games until you finish castlevania and it's 2 expansion packs.

From what I've read, the story drops off abruptly at the end of lord of shadows and playing the 2 expansions is mandatory.

I've also read that the story that unfolds in not only LOS but the 2 expansions is exceptional.

I just killed the crow queen and so far, I gotta admit... the more I play, the more impressed I am with the game. The visuals are absolutely breathtaking in a lot of places. Playing it on the big screen with the surround sound and big subwoofer, man that 2nd Titan battle, the one in the titan graveyard or whatever it was after you used the 4 purple shards to open the doors, geeez... the scale and magnitude of the fight was absolutely EPIC.

It's really making me want to fire up shadow of the colossus to see what sort of inspiration they used for the castlevania titan battles. I think the set piece that the battle took place in helped a lot. That in particular as well as the massive castle tower of the crow queen's level were easily 2 of the most amazing things I've ever laid eyes on in my life as a gamer. SRSLY.

I just can't think of any other games I've played that has had such awesome big boss fights, stellar narration and cut scenes worth a damn aside from the god of war games but even then, it didn't have as many boss fights but on the flip side, the puzzles in god of war were OUTSTANDING and very challenging in parts but the puzzles in LOS don't really even feel like puzzles.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote