View Single Post
Old 10-29-11, 01:57 AM   #11
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang

Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Re: Ubuntu 11.10 drivers

Okay, I'm gonna do a clean reinstall of 11.10 because now my output sound doesn't work. I might have done too many things to "fix" my mic, so I'll just make it simple and start over with a clean install.

So, after the clean reinstall of 11.10, sudo apt-get update works perfectly fine. I even installed Synaptic Package Manager. After inputting what grey_1 posted, everything goes smoothly...until I get to "pulseaudio -D." When I enter that command, I get ":~$ pulseaudio -D
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed."

What could be causing this now?

Okay, I fixed the problem. After inputting all the aforementioned commands, I installed Syaptic Package Manager and looked through Media and Communications for anything that was related to Pulseaudio that wasn't installed, so I selected and installed it all. My mic and input jacks work now. Hopefully anyone else with this issue will come across this thread and solve their issue as well . Thanks for the help, grey_1!

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.

Last edited by Zapablast05; 10-29-11 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Problem fixed
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote