View Single Post
Old 12-22-03, 03:58 PM   #98
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

Quote:
Originally posted by Edge
Well, I'm not sure what's going on with the performences, as my 1.4 ghz with a TI4200 runs it fine at 800x600, with the lowest I've seen it drop at around 15 (except for that one area in the inclinator). You'd think that with cards like the FX5900 and 9800 which are supposed to be twice as fast as my TI4200 that the game would never drop below 30 on a good machine. Though I'd like to know how it actually runs on the Xbox, I just have a hard time believing that it could be smooth on that, either.

Oh, and Deus Ex 1 was really skippy with a non-3dfx card for the longest time until a few patches came out. My friend with a Geforce 2 (which hadn't been out for long) said he had to run the game at 800x600 to get decent framerates. Hmm, maybe if they had designed DX:IW around Glide and the T-buffer it would've run better

Though why are people still complaining about the consolitis if the patch fixed most of the issues? Also the interface hardly seems designed for a control pad (except maybe the security terminals and such), it's very easy to move stuff around and equip stuff with the mouse. Though I do remember from the demo that the buttons were set up kinda wierd for adding mods and swapping things around.
Yeah, you would think it would be above 30fps at 800x600 no matter what with this kind of hardware, but such is not the case. There is NO hardware config that can run this game the way it should.

People are still complaining because they, like me, feel betrayed. Nothing can get rid of the tiny maps, the lengthy load times, the shortness of the game, the lack of the ability to lean. The list goes on. Oh, and about your moving stuff around with the mouse to equip? That was in the patch...Before you had to use the KB to do it.

I bought the game, finished it in 4 days (14 hours) and almost returned it, but I decided to keep it to fund further hope for a real Deus Ex sequel, hopefully made for the pc this time around. I certainly can't play DX:IW again like it is. It's just laughing at me and my machine.
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote