View Single Post
Old 11-10-11, 05:36 PM   #134
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Official Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Thread (PC version)

Some tips

Borrowed from "Dead man posting" on the Something awful forums, All credit goes to him. Reposted here.

Quote:
How do I fix the crash to desktop?
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Sound
In the Playback tab, right click on Speakers (or whatever has a green tick next to it), then click Properties
In the advanced tab on this new window, select 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) in the drop down menu
How do I fix some sound issues, such as hearing static during NPC dialogue?
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Sound
In the Playback tab, right click on Speakers (or whatever has a green tick next to it), then click Properties
In the advanced tab on this new window, select 24 bit, 44100Hz (Studio Quality) in the drop down menu
How do I disable the smooth mouse settings?
Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Controls] and find bMouseAcceleration=1
Change to bMouseAcceleration=0
Save, exit, and play
How do I fix the vsync ("laggy mouse") problem?
Go to your Steam Directory -> steamapps -> common -> skyrim -> Skyrim
Create a backup of the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [Display]
Add to the bottom of the section iPresentInterval=0
Save, exit, and play
How do I change the FOV?
Go to your My Documents -> My Games -> Skyrim -> skyrim
Create a backup of the skyrim.ini file
Open the file, then scroll down to where it says [General]
At the bottom of this section, add fdefaultfov=XX (where XX is the FOV value you want to change to)
Save, exit, and play
Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Using them now. Running ok (590GTX), but it's hardly a graphical powerhouse.
did you do the austrailian vpn thing?

I pretty much assumed that we would have to wait for the modders to get their hands on the dev kit for high res textures and stuff before we have the soul crushing experience that morrowind and oblivion laid on our systems (well mine at least at the times)

I guess that it's good though that it's not terribly demanding. That means I can hook up my rig to my 50" plasma and jack the AA/AF settings through the roof with nvidia inspector since it's only running at 720p.

How does the game play with a 360 game pad?
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote