View Single Post
Old 11-14-11, 04:53 PM   #28
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Skyrim graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
Poor textures, i was hoping for better. But the environments and landscapes are breath taking. The best ive seen in any game.
This is my consensus as well. It's the same old gamebryo engine with some polish to it.

The textures up close aren't anything to be wowed by but when you take a step back and look at the environment overall, it's stunning and far superior to witcher 2 (since we're trying to make that comparison).

The details in the environment are absolutely mind numbing and so far ahead of any other game on the market. Witcher 2 has nice scenic vistas and back drops but the game confines you into small little combat areas. Skyrim's massive open world gives SUCH a better feeling of being tiny in this huge expansive world.

This whole low res texture business will be a moot point anyways as there are already high res texture mods rolling out.

Skyrim for me is hands down the most incredibly immersive and addicting game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. I can't imagine how much better it will be after 3~4 months worth of modding after the dev kit comes out.

I've gone back and looked at some of my screeshots of my fully modded oblivion with quarls texture pack and other graphics tweaks and aside from some higher res surface textures, skyrim dominates oblivion in every way graphically.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote