View Single Post
Old 11-16-11, 03:28 PM   #6
Redeemed

Default Re: Upgrading from 5770 to...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
I'm only concerned about gaming for the time being as I have plenty of time off on my hands for now. I did not know about the 7 series. And definitely didn't know they were on the horizon that soon. Will keep an eye out for those! Thanks, Redeemed!

Ah, that sounds like an awesome deal. My mobo does support CrossFire, so I might have to consider that. Only it really cranks down the bandwidth to 4x 4x. With a single videocard, it's at a full 16x.
Is that PCI-e 1.0 or 2.0? If 4x at 2.0 that should be equivalent to 8x at 1.0 which is more than sufficient for dual 5870s.

Or, even if you just got one 5870 that's still going to out perform the GTX560ti in most games (albeit by a small margin), while costing considerably less, producing less heat and consuming less power in most games (there are some situations where the 560 may perform better, but averages seem to favor the 5870).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
That sounds good. I can save tons of money by getting an X6 for $150 now and then just getting a videocard later.

Is there a specific X6 I should keep an eye out for or stay away from?
Well, newegg has the 1100T for $189. If that is too expensive then there's plenty of others to choose from. If you can afford it I'd go for the 1100T. If you cannot, then just get which ever one falls within your price range. Any will be a decent upgrade from your current processor, especially if OC'd.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote