View Single Post
Old 11-16-11, 04:14 PM   #7
shilk

Default Re: Upgrading from 5770 to...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Is that PCI-e 1.0 or 2.0? If 4x at 2.0 that should be equivalent to 8x at 1.0 which is more than sufficient for dual 5870s.
It's a 2.0. That's cool, I didn't know that.

I see you were interested in getting his cards as well. If anything, I'll wait it out for the 7 series GPU and see what happens. Not sure if I can guarantee I won't snatch those cards up though if you don't, heh.

Quote:
Well, newegg has the 1100T for $189. If that is too expensive then there's plenty of others to choose from. If you can afford it I'd go for the 1100T. If you cannot, then just get which ever one falls within your price range. Any will be a decent upgrade from your current processor, especially if OC'd.
Does the $20 price difference between the 1100T and 1090T really warrant it, though? I mean, I don't think it's a problem about the price, but if 1ghz is all the difference then I can swing for the 1090T. 1ghz for $20 seems a bit silly to me.

I might pick it up at the local Fry's then since it's the same exact prices as newegg. If I'm going to pay the same amount of tax, I'd rather have it in my hands in 10 minutes as opposed to 4 days.