View Single Post
Old 11-22-11, 03:58 PM   #26
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Batman Arkham City 4 hours and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Two lots of DRM shoved down your throat, hyping it up with nvidia endorsements left right and centre and out it comes a shoddy mess. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't being refused a refund on my pre-order. This has to be the only industry apart from the energy business where customers can be bent over and shafted and told to take it gracefully and walk away.

I am actually thinking piracy isn't such a bad thing after all. Atleast you get to sample what your getting, seeing as they stopped doing demos of games knowing they will be too much of a mess to let the public in on it. Slap extra Ts and Cs in EULAs and they've got your money without any come backs.

This is the very last gaming PC i'm buying, it just isn't worth the grief anymore.

I think the behavior and implementation of all this stuff game makers put out drives a lot of people to torrents. I myself have gone that route for some time now. I get the game, if I like it I buy it and if I don't I un-install the game (call it the try before you buy approach). I also like the benefits of being able to play a game not having to use Steam. No multiplayer of course but I don't multiplay anyway.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote