View Single Post
Old 11-24-11, 11:17 AM   #143
TaylorT

Default Re: Linux backlight driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb192 View Post
Okay you guys, I have some good news!

After fooling around with getting backlight controls to work on my Sony Vaio VPCCW17FX for a little over a year now...I've finally found the ideal solution.
I'm glad to see someone else with these Vaio's working on this problem! Thanks for the write up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb192 View Post
4) Compile (but don't install!) the new gnome-power-manager by typing this into the terminal:
[WARNING] [b]This package has a lot of dependencies![b] It will tell you if you are missing something, but you may have to go through this multiple times before you get all of the dependency packages installed. If apt-get says it can't find one, remember to replace the version number with * or possibly add the asterisk onto the end of the package name.
Code:
cd ~/gnome-power-manager
./autogen.sh
make
It may be overkill but I find it much simpler to just do the following to get the proper dependencies installed.
(Add sudo to the begining if you aren't root):
Code:
 # apt-get build-dep gnome-power-manager
ps. For anyone doing this now, I had to checkout an older version of gnome-power-manager just to even get the file mentioned. For current Debian Testing, do git checkout GNOME_POWER_MANAGER_3_0_2.
TaylorT is offline   Reply With Quote