View Single Post
Old 12-23-03, 12:01 PM   #172
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

I fully understand that there are complications when making the transition between console and PC. But it begs the question in my mind - exactly how difficult is it to do ports specifically from the Xbox to the PC? From what I know about the hardware (PIII 733, GeForce3) and what I understand about the SDK (DirectX for all intents and purposes) I can't imagine it would be too terribly hard. But again, I just don't know.

I could see moving from the PS2 or GameCube to PC being a more arduous task. But Rockstar did a pretty decent job with GTA: Vice City (much better than GTA3) and it didn't take them 18 months to do it. I remember, Vash, you telling me that development on the PC version of Halo was to start shortly after Christmas 2001.

I believed Halo would be a game that would take us back to its roots - to where Bungie had intended during the PCXL screenie days. It sounded like Gearbox was going to take great care to make sure the game was done right, and I know I'm not the only one here who has been more than a little disappointed by the results. You say they're working on it, well they've been working on it for almost two years now. I'm frustrated at Gearbox, I'm frustrated at Microsoft, I'm frustrated at the continued prevalence and sub-par quality of console ports. And I'm saddened that Halo has to be put in that category, especially after we waited so long.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote